Thursday, April 9, 2009

Never ending card

I hope I can explain this well.
This technique I learned from a demo named Dawn Griffith.
It's called the never ending card. Why? Because it never ends. lol. You keep opening the card and it opens to the next layer. You flip that layer and it goes to the next, etc. Till eventually you end up back at the front again and you start it all over again.
It's good to use a set that has a lot of images that coordinate as some are repeated on the next page. I decided to use the new set in the mini called Just Beachy. I thought this was a fun set. I could use it on cards, scrapbook pages, etc. We have water pictures, aquarium pictures, etc and thought it would be pretty cute. They are definitely fish with character - just like my family.

For this project, I tried to make the pages slightly different so you can see the differences. The top picture is the front of the card. It's hard to see but the top right says Hey There - it's from the Really Retro stamp set.

When you flip open the middle section (see partially flipped on this picture) you get the second part, which is this next picture. I colored this one in some with the aqua painters. I also made some clouds - do you see those at the top? I'll have to show that on another post where I can get a better picture of it close up.

The words on this page say "My Fabulous Friend" from Really Retro.








Then you fold it again and you get this third page. Can you see how the pails are the same on both pages?

The words on this one say "miss you already..." again from the Really Retro set. There is another section under my fingers too, but I couldn't get a good picture unless I pushed on the bottom part so the flap wouldn't pop up at that angle.









Then you flip it again and you get to the back page which I used as another fish page to give it some unity.

Flip open the horizontal part and you get back to the first page that's at the top of the post and it starts all over again. What do you think? Pretty cool, huh?
I think it was fun. You do have to pay attention to where you put your stamps and which pages they are on. I almost messed up, but I think I fixed it okay. Hmm..... I wonder what other stamps would work with this idea? I may have to play some more.

No comments: