Saturday, April 25, 2009

scallop circle flowers

With all the sun shining today I couldn't help but post this bright flower card.
I saw this technique used by demo Patty Bennett and I had to try it. I decided to make 3 little sunflowers. I punched out three summer sun scallop circles and then slit each scallop towards the center. I then covered the center with a piece of chocolate that I dotted with chocolate spots to represent seeds. I then used the five petal punch and cut out "leaves" and separated them and attached them under the flowers. For the words I used the key tag punch and then just trimmed it a little in the same shape. I then punched out another one in chocolate to back it. It's raised up on dimensionals, which is hard to tell in this picture. I thought it seemed happy anyways. So I hope everyone is enjoying this great day today. God bless.

What I used to make this card:
Paper: old olive, whisper white, chocolate chip, summer sun
ink: old olive: chocolate marker
stamps: sincere salutations
accessories: key tag punch, scallop circle punch, snips, five petal punch, 3/4" circle punch, dimensionals

No comments: