Friday, April 24, 2009

Second God's Beauty card

I wanted to make some cards to encourage a couple of people this week. I wish I had more time to do this type of thing. I need to schedule more of this if I can.
I ended up making these two cards to send to them. I used the God's beauty stamp set again as I was wanting to share some of God's beauty. They are pretty much just alike except the bottom one was going to a man, so I put it on white cardstock and toned down the pinks and made a blue butterfly.
I used the scallop circle punch to make the sky. I'll try and remember to show some steps on how to do that. I'm downloading like 900 plus pictures from my camera and it's taking a while. The sun I punched out a 1" circle. Then used the cut out hole to use as a mask to color in the circle with my pumpkin pie marker. The butterfly is embossed in black, colored with markers, and cut out and raised up with dimensionals.
So what do you think, do you like it? I hope you get some time today to enjoy some of God's beauty or have time to encourage someone today.

Here is what I used to make this card:
Paper: pretty in pink, certainly celery, whisper white
ink: basic black, versa mark, pretty in pink, cameo coral, apricot appeal; markers - pumpkin pie, celery, pretty in pink, rose red
stamps: God's Beauty, Thoughts and prayers
accessories: scallop circle punch, 1" circle punch, black embossing powder, heat gun, dimensionals, sponge

This card is the same as the other one except I used bashful blue and brocade blue markers to color the butterfly.

No comments: