Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Don't forget the scraps

I am such a pack rat. I hate to throw anything away, but I've been trying to be better lately. I've already given about 3 boxes of stuff away and have at least 4 more to go and I've cleaned out some areas.
Yay! I'm so excited. Now I need to work on my craft room. Unfortunately that area is hard for me. I'm horrible about thinking - "but I might use that somewhere else soon". It's even harder when I use scraps to make cool things. Like, I had some leftovers from the pieces I used to make my scrapbooking your faith page for this month's study, so I thought I'd see what I could make with them. I came up with this card. I basically just added whisper white cardstock and some olive ribbon and a dimensional and the rest was pieces form the sskit I had left over. The petals are actually the middle of a flower (the parts you poke out and possibly throw away.) The stem and leaf are actually pieces cut out of the sticker sheet (it was the leftover outline of a sticker cut out to form a stem and leaf - another throw away part). I thought it turned out pretty good for parts that I was going to throw away. So if you have scraps just lying around I challenge you to actually use them to make something fun. That way you can have fun creating and also actually use some of your stash. :)
I'd love to see them if you do, so don't forget to share. I love seeing what others create too.

No comments: