Wednesday, April 29, 2009

new techniques with the sizzix plates

This is one of three new techniques I've learned this week. This is one of the easiest ones. this one uses the Manhattan flower textured die. I inked the actual die (on the smoother side) with classic ink, put in shimmery white paper in the die and textured the paper. The white paper then raised up in the outline (keeping it white and then transferred the color onto the flower part. I then cut out the flower and mounted on white paper. I then stamped the saying with the Oval All set, punched it out with the large oval and then used the same dyed paper with the scallop oval punch and made a mat. It is raised on dimensionals. It was fairly quick and easy card to make. Just rinse the the die to clean it and that's it. So what do you think? Do you like it? I thought it was pretty anyway.

Here is what I used to make this card:
paper: shimmery white, whisper white
ink: regal rose and cameo coral
stamps: oval all
accessories: large oval & scallop oval punch, Big Shot, Manhattan Flower textured die

No comments: