Wednesday, May 27, 2009

loads of love sponging

Here was one of the ideas I had for girl scouts but changed my mind. It had a lot of detail which would have taken 13 girls way to long to do. It was sort of a fun card though. I like to color still and the kid comes out in me. :) This one I used several techniques. I sponged the sky and road. I masked off the truck to stamp the trees. I watercolored the truck and trees with watercolor crayons and I stamped off to get the trees different colors. It's hard to see but there are even gray little balls of smoke coming out the back of the truck. The words are punched out and raised up with dimensionals too.
I'm worried this little set will retire. It's been around for a long time now, but it's really fun for various types of cards. Plus I tend to like sets that can be colored in. So here is another card idea (or it would be fun in a scrapbook too). I didn't copy this one, but I'm sure there are others out there that look similar to this one, especially as long as this set has been out. So I hope you like it. Maybe you can get some time to color too. It really is fun. :)

Here is what I used for this card.
paper: Confetti white
ink:bashful blue, old olive, close to cocoa, black stazon; water color crayons, chocolate chip marker
stamps: loads of love & accessories
accessories: aquapainter, key tag punch, sponges, dimensionals

No comments: