Friday, May 15, 2009

Butterfly barrette

Here is the item I made for my bug lovin' daughter.
It's made the same way the flower was made. It has two thick layers too and it's pretty much an exact copy of the butterfly that Amy Celona used on her video. You could use different colors though and make it as wild or as real looking as you'd like. I believe Amy made her's into a pin like the flower, but I thought my daughter would like it to be a barrette. It really looks cute in her blondish hair. I liked the colors of this one for that reason, otherwise I would have ventured out into other colors. I'm still thinking about trying some other colors but I have a club, 2 classes, and a girlscout thing to get ready for. There are a few items in this that aren't SU though, but they also don't carry these items either. So I did venture out a little on this one again.
You can take the rhinestones out of the brads, but this was so much easier to buy the self sticking kind. They also went down in size which worked out perfectly.
The side view shows you what it looks like. I did make another one that had more dimension, but I shaped this one to fit onto the barette nicely and more securely.
So what do you think, do you like it? I'm still thinking about that plaque idea too. I can see several of these with flowers on a welcome plaque. Hopefully it inspires you to create too as that's what all the fun is about. So I hope you enjoy seeing this and have a great and beautiful day today.

Here is what I used to make this item:
stamps: God's Beauty (hostess)
inks: black stazon; markers: banana, apricot appeal, pumpkin pie
paper: barely banana
accessories: crystal effects
Non SU items: Modge podge, gold wire, rhinestones, barrette

No comments: