Thursday, May 28, 2009

father's day card

This is the card we did for Father's day for the girl scout troop. I went through different versions, but thought this was the easiest one and I liked how it came out. The picture doesn't do it justice though. As all the grass is green and all the sky blueish, but in this picture there looks like spots of white. It's just lighter of that color is all. this is made using the Thoughts and prayer tree. It's inked up with Chocolate chip ink. Then I took a sponge and swiped olive along the bottom and then took the marker and made little grass blade marks in the grass. I then took a dauber and daubed the leaves with olive to make it look like a bushy tree. Then I used a sponge to sponge the sky Bashful blue. I even used the scallop circle to make little clouds in the sky too. I then stamped Thinking of you in olive on confetti white and punched it out using the key tag punch and then inked the edges and put dimensionals under it to pop it up. We then stamped Happy Father's day on the inside. I thought it was fun and fairly easy. We had kids from kindergarten to eighth grade and all did pretty well with this card. So I hope you enjoyed the card and have a great day today.

No comments: