Sunday, May 17, 2009

Baby card

I got the pleasure yesterday of going to one of my friend's baby showers yesterday. She's having more then one, but this is the first one I got to go to.
She's going to have her first baby soon and she's going to make a great mom. I know because she has spoiled my kids on more then one occasion. She also has a great support system and lots of friends to help her spoil her little one too, which I can't wait for as I love spoiling little ones. Everyone has to have a baby fix from time to time right? Well maybe. ;), at least I do.
She picked an animal theme, so I made her this card. I made it a neutral color, since she doesn't know what she is having. I thought it turned out cute anyways. I also made one in blue too, so you could see another color made with it. I haven't had time to make a pink one yet, as I have too many classes to prepare for this week. I really like this Wild About You set. It has a lot of versatility. Not only can you use it for baby cards, but kid items, zoo scrapbooking, or if your kids like to pretend they are animals like mine do, it goes with that too. Just to name a few examples that is. I also used the Family Phrases for the words. They go with the cute people stamp set. This one says Happy New Baby.
So I hope she enjoyed this card as I made it a while back and have had to hide it for awhile now. It's funny I kept wanting to post it or show it to her and I would realize - not yet. So I hope you enjoy the card idea...finally.

Here is what I used to make these cards:
Stamps: Wild about you, Family Phrases
inks: Certainly celery or bashful blue
paper: Whisper white and either certainly celery or bashful blue
accessories: celery or bashful grosgrain ribbon, glue dots.

No comments: