Monday, May 25, 2009

forest friends father's day

Okay, I have to admit I didn't get as much time to create this weekend as I had hoped to. I had to clean up my space some as I leave everything out. Plus I had a class and a club last week and had pulled out a lot of supplies, so all that needed to be put back too. So I cleaned one afternoon and I ran a bunch of errands one afternoon and I actually took a little time today to create some samples. Yeah. Some days I just really like playing. I created both some more complicated cards and some simpler cards. I was trying out some different ideas. The girl scout leader asked me to create a card to make for father's day for the troop. I have several options that I'm considering, but here is one of the samples I considered. We have a sibling troop so the kids range form Daisy all the way to cadet, so it had to be a card easy for all ages. This isn't the one I picked, but I thought it turned out really cute. My son talked me into buying this set. He really liked the forest animals. So I started playing with it. I've bought a lot of stamps from the mini and have had very little time to play with them. So here is one idea I made with this Forest Friends set. Since Father's day is coming up soon, I made this one into a Father's Day card, but you could really use most any sentiment on it. I noticed it's a little hard to see the colors in the picture, but it's very clean and simple and has "manly" type colors in it. I say that somewhat teasingly as it seems like these are my favorite colors the last few months. Anyways this one uses whisper white, chocolate chip, and old olive. Olive is used on the green circle and the word Wonderful. Chocolate is used on the scallop, deer and father and white is the rest. Pretty quick and simple. I enjoyed it anyways. So I hope you like it and enjoy the card. Hopefully it will give you another idea.
Here is what I used to make this card.
stamps: Forest friends, Wonderful Favorites
ink: old olive, chocolate chip
paper: chocolate chip, old olive, whisper white
accessories: 1 1/4", 1 3/8" circle punch, scallop circle punch, dimensionals

No comments: