Saturday, May 9, 2009

graduation day

A friend of mine is graduating today with her Masters. I'm very proud of her for her accomplishments. It hasn't always been easy and there have been sacrifices along the way, but she saw it through to completion. I'm excited for both her and her family. Now her excitement begins with a new job and new found freedoms (as she doesn't have to study all the time anymore). Hopefully she won't over commit too much. :) As many of us tend to do.

So I made her this card. I chose these colors as this is the colors of the school she attends, but could easily be adapted to match any school. If there isn't any thin ribbon that matches then you could probably use a tabbed ribbon verses one folded over like this. Also the congratulations is embossed and raised up on the card, which is hard to see here. I also used the stampa-ma-jig to help me line up the letters and the top white piece is on dimensionals.
I hope you enjoy it and get some ideas to help you out as well.

Here is what I used to make this card.
papers: black, real red, white
ink: real red, versa mark
stamps: varsity alphabet, SAB - congrats
accessories: ticket corner punch, black embossing powder, heat gun, stampa-ma-jig, sponge, silver brad, black grosgrain, dimensionals.

No comments: