Tuesday, September 22, 2009

cute vampire card

Okay, I have another cutesy Halloween card. No we don't believe in vampires here, but when I decorated this card I just couldn't resist making him. I thought he fit just right with this card front. He's really cute and he lifts up off the back of the card when opened (see last picture).

I thought the front looked a little creepy with the From the Crypt set, so I had to make it cute inside. Since it has a bat on it, I thought it would be cute to have a little vampire on the inside. I could just see some little kid knocking on our door with a costume looking like this vampire. So that's what you get when you open the card a cute vampire saying, "Trick or treat, smell my feet give me something good to eat". Okay, he only says Trick or treat, but I could just seem some little kid saying that with a horrible vampire accent to boot.

The front is embossed in black embossing powder and smudged with black ink. The base of the card is Chocolate chip but the front is covered with old olive.


The inside sayings are from Teeny Tiny wishes (Happy Halloween) and then the Trick or Treat is from the hostess set Holiday Best. It's inked with Old Olive, pumpkin pie and basic black markers. The cape is an old olive rectangle and I angle cut the top, flipped the cut off piece over and added it to the right side. I curled and roughed up the bottom corner a little to look like it was moving. The head is circle punched, then I did another circle in black and then took the smaller circle and punched twice to make the part in the hair. The teeth are from the small star punch. The eyes are just basic black marker.


To make the card I measured over 1 inch from each side at the top. Then down an inch and cut that corner (both sides). Then I measured over an inch on the bottom and cut from the side to the inch mark on the bottom. I cut a slit in the back of the card to make the vampire stand out. The saying at the top is punched out with the Word Window punch and then matted with the modern label punch.

So I hope you enjoy my card. Different for me, but I thought he was really cute and couldn't resist sharing him.
Hope he makes you smile.
Have a great day today.

No comments: