Thursday, September 24, 2009

petals a plenty

One thing I missed at first in the new mini catalog was this embossing folder. I looked over it several times. There is just so many great items in our mini. It's hard to get or see everything in it. It is so pretty. I like it plain on cards, but I also learned this trick from demonstrator Patty Bennett. If you take a wood mat or thin frame of some sort you can create an oval (non embossed area) on your card front like the area in the middle of the card where the reindeer is placed. The mat you have decides your shape. You could probably find some circle ones and square ones too. This embossing folder actually covers the full sheet of paper when used by itself. If you place the mat in there, it creates this effect. I then stamped my Dasher stamp in Silver and embossed in silver. I then took a sponge dauber and used our new shimmer paint (also in mini) to highlight the petals on the flowers. I then matted that onto Basic gray paper and then onto real red. I also embellished the card with the new red polka dotted ribbon. Isn't it so much fun? I like our new polka dotted ribbons. Not to mention the folder and the new shimmer paint. So much fun. I love trying new things. Out of the two shimmer paints I've tried, the platinum is thicker and bolder. The white is more opaque and gives a hint of sparkle. It's subtle but very pretty.
So I hope you enjoy seeing the idea today. Now I'm off to play with my new digital software. This comes on sale October 1st. If anyone is interested let me know and I can share what I know about it so far. There is also a hostess special for October. Host a party in October and if it reaches $400 in sales you can earn it at half off as well as get a $10 item out of the mini as part of your hostess benefits. If you have any questions, just ask. Have a great day.

No comments: