Thursday, September 10, 2009

punched spiders

I was working on making some items using my new sweet centers stamp set and treat cups. I thought it would be cute if you could put some Halloween type stuff in there (something besides candy that is). So I was trying to figure out some smaller punched items to fit and I decided on a spider (although I might have to try some pumpkins too), so SU doesn't have a spider punch, so I need to stamp and cut one out or make spiders to fit in it and the smaller one shown actually fits into the cup. both of these were made using circle and square punches or corner punches. Basically you start low on your paper with the punch and you just ease up a little each time and snip off a narrow leg (not the whole corner/square). Then you just trim to the desired size (length) and glue to the back of the circle. I then added another circle to the back to finish it. I haven't put on eyes yet as I wasn't sure if I would want punched eyes, white gel pen eyes or googly type eyes, but I thought I'd show you a punched spider you can make fairly easy. I thought the thinner the legs the cooler it looked, so punch really close together. Each punch gets bigger too so that helps with the placement. So I hope you enjoy my little spider and it gives you some ideas. Hope you have a great day

No comments: