Tuesday, September 8, 2009

scrapbook your faith friends class

Hey everyone,
Sorry I didn't realize it had been so long since I posted. We had a busy weekend or I should say we made it busy. Not doing all the stuff we should have been doing - like cleaning house and such, but we took some time and had a little family time. We actually had a few hours to eat dinner without kids one night, which rarely happens and I was also trying to catch up on all the stampin stuff I was behind in. Luckily my husband is really nice and I got to spend a big part of today stamping. I did take some time out to be with my kids some, but for the most part I was trying to play catch up. I worked on swap cards (this coming weekend is regionals). I also worked on my club projects and my next syf class pages. I'm still debating on a couple of choices there, but I kind of got the pages laid out sort of so that was good. I've also been working on various seasonal projects too, so I hope to show you those shortly too. So now that I've caught you up on what I've been doing, here are the pages that we did for the scrapbooking your faith class.

Our subject this month was Friends and we learned more about David and Jonathan, as well as various verses throughout. We also talked about who I refer to as Rack, Shack and Bennie (Veggie Tales does that to you - it's just easier to remember) also known as Meshach, Shadrach and Abednego. I hope I spelled those right it is getting really late. We talked about friends who stick by us no matter what. Ones, who are there for us, encourage us, pray for us and want the best for us no matter what, even if it means giving up something for us (as Jonathan did) or risking their life for us (as in Rack, Shack and Bennie's case). Someone who will stand up with us for what we know is right and who will help hold us accountable. Those are the types of friends we talked about. So I hope you have friends like that that come to your mind. Maybe over the years they have changed somewhat, but hopefully you have experienced that.

We also discussed God as our friend and how he wants us to come to Him with our concerns and how he is there for us too.

So these are my pages for this month. The designer paper is unfortunately retired (demos I believe can still buy it in bulk). I just couldn't work in all our beautiful papers before they retired and I really liked these bold colors so I wanted to use them.
The non-designer papers are Tempting Turquoise, Summer Sun, Chocolate chip and old olive. Everything is inked with chocolate chip (all the edges and such). I used Chocolate chip ribbon, Schoolbook Serif alpha (stamped in olive) and the Big Shot die called sparkle. We stuck the ribbon on with glue dots.

So I hope you like the pages. They are really bright in person, which is a little different for me, but I do like them. So I hope you had a wonderful holiday weekend and got to spend time with your family or friends as well. Have a great day.

No comments: