Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Trick or Treat matchbox and a feedback question

Wow, I don't know if my counter is off or if I actually got that many hits in one day. Kind of cool if it's right though, but I'm not sure what caused the jump. Made me wonder what exactly caused the spike. I didn't know if you guys thought the spider or card was just super uber cool or if it was something I said or something else all together.
I'd love to hear from some of you to hear what you are checking out, so feel free to post a comment (please keep it friendly as my kids check out my site from time to time) or you can email me suggestions/comments more privately. I realized my email address wasn't on here, so I thought I'd add that just in case someone did want to respond more privately (share opinions but please be kind in the way you phrase your comments).

I'm really interested in what you all think of my blog actually. I typically enjoy feedback. Now if it's critical type feedback you might have to throw in some chocolate to soften the blow maybe (milk not dark :) ) or even salty snacks help sometime too, but I'm always asking my customers, family and friends for input and like to hear honest feedback.
I'm curious if you'd like less commentary or more? More stories or less? More instructions and creative projects or is that about right? So if you get a chance, post a comment or send a quick email and let me know what you are liking please.
I'm also curious if you liked the Halloween item or not? If you did, I made some more items that are Halloween, more cutesy I believe, but definitely and totally Halloween. Like I said before I struggle with that one some, but for some reason I enjoy the fun/funny, cute parts of the holiday.

Okay, enough of the babble and onto the project.
This project is a Big Shot Matchbox. I used olive paper to make the box. I then cut a small piece of the Cast a Spell paper to add to the top and then placed a black mat on top of that. I then stamped the image (from Holiday Best Hostess set) using Pumpkin pie, Old Olive and Black markers. A really quick box to put together. It folds together really easy and you basically just use a small piece of sticky strip to hold the top together and the bottom typically just holds itself together, although a little snail helps on the two sides sometimes if needed. You can get two boxes and 6 tags out of 1- 12 x 12 sheet of paper.
You cut your paper at 6 1/2 x 5 1/2 but you alternate how you cut it, in order to get 4 cuts out of it. You end up with just a little square left over in the middle when you are done cutting. If you need a visual let me know and I'll take some pictures of cutting the cardstock for you.
So I hope you guys had a great day today and leave some feedback when you get a chance. Thanks.

No comments: