Wednesday, July 29, 2009

baby shower card

Here is a baby shower card that I made for a friend. It uses the new animal stories stamp set. I miss Wild About You, but I've seen some cute things made with this set too. This is the giraffe in the set. The lighting in this picture isn't great, but it uses IN colors. The giraffe is done in Crushed Curry with Soft Suede details. It's mounted on Curry, Suede, Durango and then Curry again. It's stamped on Whisper white. I made a mistake and got Durango on my Curry background sheet, so I decided to use that and smudged Durango on the Curry randomly and it gave it some character. I also inked the other pages too, so it all flowed together. Sometimes fixing mistakes turns out fun. :) The words are from the Teeny Tiny wishes set again - see it almost has every type of saying - at least it seems so. So I thought it a fun little card. A little bolder set of colors for me, but I was wanting something bright. I hope you enjoy my card today and have a great day today.

Here is what I used for this card:
stamps: Animal Stories, Teeny tiny wishes
inks: crushed curry, soft suede marker, dusty durango
paper: whisper white, crushed curry, soft suede, dusty durango
accessories: dusty durango polka dot ribbon, word windo and modern label punch, dimensionals

No comments: