Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Christmas in July with the Big Shot

I couldn't resist playing with some of my new stuff tonight. I also thought it would be fun to make a Christmas in July card. So here is one of my results. I got the medallion background stamp and the mover's and shakers die for the Big Shot. You will get to see a couple of cards made with this new medallion set. I think it makes some beautiful cards.

As you can tell by the second picture the Movers and Shakers die for the Big Shot cuts out a hole in the front of you card which coordinates with our punches. The image on the inside is stamped and punched out with the curly label punch and fits right inside the hole. The hole can be moved anywhere on the card. I just chose to put it in the bottom right corner.

It's a very simple but fun card I think and a lot of fun. So I hope you enjoy my little card today. Sorry I haven't posted much lately. I've made a few samples so I have more to show you over the next few days now. :)

PS. the ribbon isn't crooked. The card is slanted in the picture and it cuts off the left bottom part of the card.

Here is what I used to make this card.
paper: old olive and whisper white
ink: old olive; markers - old olive and real red
stamps: medallion background, Christmas punch - level 2
accessories: movers and shakers die, Big Shot, real red grosgrain, curly label punch

No comments: