Wednesday, July 15, 2009

silver medallion card

Okay, you will probably see several medallion cards. I'm trying different effects with it. Unfortunately my daughter decided to become a camera buff today and used up all the battery on the camera. I was able to get this one picture before it died. It isn't as clear as I like but you get the gest of it anyways.

The Medallion part is stamped in Versa Mark on Basic gray paper, although it would probably look really pretty on silver paper too. It is embossed with silver. I then cut out around the outer edge and added a basic small grommet to the center over a punched piece of basic black paper. I then added it to some Olive paper, matted on real red on top of black paper. I then stamped the Merry Christmas in olive craft ink and heat embossed that with clear embossing powder. Punched it out using the Word window punch and mounted it with the Modern label punch in real red. I then added two silver brads to coordinate with the silver embossing and popped it up on dimensionals. I guess I'm starting to get in the Christmas mood as three of the cards I made tonight were about Christmas. I have more items or pictures to show you but I must first charge my battery. So I hoped you enjoyed my early Christmas card. Maybe it gives you some ideas of things you'd like to start working on soon. Because Christmas is only just over 5 months away. Not long if you like to craft items and have a lot going on.

Here is what I used for this card.
Paper: basic black, real red, old olive, basic gray, whisper white
ink: versa mark, old olive craft ink
stamps: medallion background, teeny tiny wishes
accessories: small grommets, 1/2" circle punch, bone folder, snips, silver & clear embossing powder, heat gun, word window and modern label punch, silver brads, dimensional

No comments: