Friday, July 24, 2009

shattered glass

This is a card that we did in club this past week. It showcases the shattered glass technique. This is done on glossy cardstock. I used the Fifth Avenue Floral stamp set. The colors in this card are Bashful Blue, Lavendar Lace, and black stazon for the outline. The flower is cut out and raised up on dimensionals and the saying is punched using the wide oval punch. I colored the flower and saying the same way as the card with random coloring. I used a dauber to color the card. The only difference is I did use markers to color the yellow stems of the flower. One hint when stamping with stazon on glossy...try not to let the stamp move as stamping on the glosssy makes the paper slippery to the stamp. I got this card idea from a variation off of Dawn Griffith's card idea. She used a different set and colors, but it has a similar theme. Thanks for looking today and have a great day.

No comments: