Thursday, June 4, 2009

baby scrapbook pages 2 & 3

Sorry I haven't posted lately. It's been a somewhat busy last few days. School ended, had my bible study class (I'll have to show those pages too), had to meet with a landscaper... I could go on and on it seems. I also got my new preview stuff in and my NEW CATALOG! Can you tell I'm excited. I'm working on getting some stuff together to show you. We aren't allowed to show pictures of the actual sets or catalog pages until it's release date, so I have to make some items with the new stuff and I can post those. It's exciting. My list is soo long. It's a good thing this catalog goes for a year now. :)
So in the meantime, I thought I'd show a few pages of a 6x6 album I made for a good friend of mine. She's having a baby soon, so I thought I'd make her a book for the beginning baby stuff. I used somewhat neutral colors as they don't know what they are having. I used the Wild About You set on most of the pages, but didn't use it on this one just used the same color scheme. I can't believe that set is retiring. I really like it.

I wanted to show these pages because of the brads. I forgot to take a really close up of it, so this is as close as I can get for now. The brads are actually the very vanilla brads in the hodgepodge hardware set. I colored them. I stuck them in the old olive craft pad and then wiped off the top. The ink stays in the grooves. I then dipped it into some clear embossing powder and heated it and it gave it a shiny appearance. Pretty quick and made a cool embellishment that matched. You can also color the whole item with craft ink and embossing powder. So a vanilla hardware can become pretty much any craft color you'd like. I still need to try it myself, but SU showed us a video on it and it's really cool. I also sponged the background pages to give them more dimension too. So I hope you enjoyed these tips and have a great day.

Here is what I used to make these pages:
paper: brocade blue, so saffron, old olive, very vanilla; old olive marker
ink: old olive, saffron
stamps: calendar alphabet
accessories: vanilla hodgepodge, dauber, dimensionals, earth element brads, piercer, mat pack

No comments: