Saturday, June 13, 2009

picture frames

I was trying to straighten some stuff up and I found these two frames (only one pictured) that nothing had been done too. They were a cheap purchase many years ago. they were pretty basic and plain, just slap in some pics and be done with it kind of frame. I had thought about putting some scrap stuff in some of the squares, but I love pictures so I just opted for pictures in each one. But that's another option too. I thought that the frames looked a little dull and blah, so I was looking at it and realized I could put dsp in between the edges on the outside rim. So I cut the dsp to fit inside the edges. Then I used my Big shot and some buttons to add a few extras here and there.
Sorry, I took the bottom picture first, but it got dark by the time I got to take a picture of the last one, so the colors are duller.
So I felt proud of myself. I used up my two old frames, got rid of some of my retiring dsp and also played with my Big Shot which I love too, and had fun in the process making it work.
So a good challenge for you would be - is there anything old you can make new somehow? Interesting thought anyways.
Hope you have fun trying. ;)

Here is what I used to decorate these frames:
paper: good morning sunshine dsp, pacific point, summer sun
accessories: big shot, sparkle die, button boutique and button latte, anywhere glue stick and glue dots

No comments: