Tuesday, June 16, 2009

pink flamingo scallop album

This is a little album I put together using my Big Shot. It's a scallop circle album. I just punched out scallops using the pink flamingo dsp (which isn't retiring by the way). I love the fun colors in this dsp. I thought they worked so well for all the bright colors of our Disney trip, so I picked out some of our pictures and used my circle scissors cutter and cut out pictures to fit on each page. I'll show a couple more pages tomorrow as each one is different. Some I added mats to, some journaling, etc. I ended up liking the front so much I decided to leave it plain. I just added a tag using the new Modern label punch and a bow and some ribbons around the ring and thought that was just enough. I almost covered up the flamingo, but I liked it and decided to leave it. I thought it a fairly quick album and pretty easy and basic which is what I'm liking lately. I also inked all the edges with Chocolate chip ink and both of the covers are covered chipboard. The Bigz dies can cut out like 50 different materials and one of them is chipboard, so I cut out some chipboard for the covers to make the album sturdier. I just glued the paper to them using my anywhere glue stick.

So I hope you enjoy the album and I hope it gives you some ideas. Have a great day and take some time to create.
Here is what I used to make these pages:
Paper: pink flamingo dsp, summer sun
ink: basic black journaler, chocolate chip
accessories: big shot, scallop circle, cropodile, ribbons: turquoise, red, white, apricot grosgrain & 5/8" regal rose grosgrain ribbon

No comments: