Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Hoppy memories 12x12 page 1

I took time this weekend to finally do some scrapbooking just for fun. Yeah! I finally used my Hoppy Memories scrap kit. Unfortunately you can't get that one through SU anymore (it's retiring and sold out), but I thought I'd still share some pages I made just to show some of the design. You can substitute items and still have the same effect. Like you could stamp or use chipboard letters instead of the cardstock stickers, use the pattern papers instead of the kiwi, etc. Another demo shared how to get 16 pages out of a sskit and some extra cardstock so I tried her idea. I did tweak it here and there though to fit my likes and pictures. So here is page one. The first picture shows the page without my pictures so you can visualize it better. The second I added my pictures and I also outlined play with chocolate so it would stand out better as I thought that the kiwi got sort of lost on the kraft.

I also added some ribbon (orange ric rac) from the Pig Tails Ribbon originals too, but pretty much everything else came from the scrappin' kit.
I wanted to use this earlier, but it took me a while to find the pictures that went the best with this paper. I chose our trip to the aquarium as it has a lot of blues, green and red in it. We also saw frogs, turtles and lizards and such, so I thought it fit this paper really well. So I hope you enjoy the pictures and ideas and have a great day today.

No comments: