Monday, June 29, 2009

Soft Summer thank you

Wow, only a couple more days till the retired sets are gone and the mini is finished. If there were sets you'd like to get before they're gone then now is the time to do so. On the other hand only a couple more days until you can order from the new catalog which is exciting too.
Here is a sample of a card I made with some retiring products. I made this card as a thank you for a relative of ours. I thought it turned out soft and pretty. I used the Soft Summer stamp set in the mini - it's a two step stamp. I stamped the middle of the flower with Baja Blue and Certainly Celery and then the outline with basic black. I used the blender pen to remove the Baja before adding the celery. It's a big space so it was easy. I then took a blender pen and highlighted some lines with Pacific Point to give more dimension. The ribbon is the striped Pacific point and I just covered the stripes with regular white grosgrain ribbon. The words are stamped in Pacific Point. Pretty quick and easy really and I think it makes a nice card.

Here is what I used for this card:
papers: Baja Blue, Pacific Point, Whisper White
ink: Baja Blue, Certainly Celery Marker, Pacific Point
stamps: Soft Summer
accessories: Pacific Point striped ribbon, white grosgrain ribbon, stampamajig, blender pens

No comments: